Demons in Halifax are derived from the unquiet spirits of the dead who met their untimely demise due to the cities unique history, or the sea or both. Whether other cities or locations in the world produce demons is uncertain, but for now all our sorcerers know is that it is in this place and these waters that they must practice their lore. I say derived from the spirits of the dead because there seems a range of phenomenon some demons are very clearly a ghost of a particular person. One character for example, whose husband died a brutal death at the hands of another demon managed to bind his spirit within her wedding band. Presumably the horror and unnatural cause of his death was enough to generate sufficient rage/karma to create a demon. On the other hand some demons seem to have no discernible link to an individual departed soul but instead are bestial or bizarre manifestation of the karma created by some mass tragedy or atrocity.
- Shake – demoniacally deranged can collector
- Tasha Garien – city cop haunted by her husband and his brutal death
- Vincent King – successful “fantasy” author who only writes non-fiction
- Stephen deMoine – adjunct computer science professor scarred by hell-fire
- Kenneth Smith
- Kyla Mardine
- Sonya Aranha
- Jeremy Pyke – Tasha’s partner
- Damien Knox – Used to work at the recycle depot. Friend of Shake – on the run from the Blue Devil Motorcycle Club
- Simon Kim – CS student, suspected of killing Karla Strang
- Emily Methune – Post Doc in marine biology, dating Stephen Demoine
- Karla Strang – tragic young murder victim, gruesome murder scene
- Sam Smythe – Classics professor, found dead no official cause of death determined
- Mark MacKay – Chief of police
- Stordy MacKay – Mark’s son, Tasha believes he’s responsible for Karla’s death. Interogating him got her in serious trouble with the chief.
- Annabel Delane – Psychiatrist, friend of Tasha’s late husband. Is keeping something secret from Tasha about Peter.
- Quentin Johnson – Vincent King’s publisher.
- Sasheen Miller – friend of Vincent, owns an occult book and antique shop.
- Character Creation
- Session 1: The struggle begins (January 30th)
- Session 2: Plots thicken and congeal (Feb 13th)
- Session 3: Ground-zero in the public gardens! (March 6)
- Session 4: Double Pandemonium (April 4th)
- Session 5: Consequences on the waterfront (April 24th)